Here is a list of the computers that we recommend for servicing clients.
A few things you need to look for when purchasing a new computer:
- RAM (Memory) – at least 4GB
- 32 or 64 Bit
- Windows XP, 2000 or 7 (New computers will come with Windows 8, so look for refurbished computers or uninstall Windows 8 and install Windows 7)
- Most clients will not allow a Mac (Apple computer)
- You will want at least a 17″ monitor. If you are using a laptop with a smaller monitor, it is highly recommended to get a second monitor.
- 1920 x 1080 resolution
- At least 40GB hard drive space
- Intel Pentium dual cor or higher OR AMD equivalent processors (Celeron processors are not acceptable). 1.6GHZ or higher is recommended.
- You may not use a bluetooth keyboard or mouse
- Dual boot machines, netbooks and tablets are prohibited
- Virtualized Operating Systems are prohibited (VMWare, Parallels, ect.)
Here are the computers that are available to purchase on Amazon that we recommend:
Also, a second monitor is always a good investment: