Is this right for you?
In order to help ensure your success, you must have a strong working knowledge of computers:
- You need to be able to use a mouse and computer keyboard
- You need to be able to shut down and turn on the computer properly
- You need to have the to navigate through multiple screens
- You need to understand how to navigate the computer’s files and desktop environment
- You need basic knowledge of programs including how to launch and close a computer program
- You need to understand how to use e-mail
- You need to know how to use the Internet
- You need to know how to create, name, save and delete a folder
- All-in-one computers are not allowed to be used by Girlicity contractors.
- Dual boot machines, Netbooks, and Tablets are prohibited from use. (Laptops are OK)
- A desktop/tower computer with a separate monitor is recommended. (Laptops are okay to use but you will want a second monitor)
- Windows 7 is accepted by most clients (*Windows 8, Vista and Mac OSX may be supported for a limited set of opportunities) ***My advise would be to have a Windows 7 computer so you don’t limit the clients you can partner with.
- At least 4GB of RAM (you can get by with 2GB but your computer will not be able to handle the client programs very well with less than 4GB)
- At least 1 GHZ Dual Core Processor
- Monitor resolution of 1920 x 1080 (full HD or 1080p) is recommended
- Internet Explorer 8.0 or 9.0 (IE 10 and 11 are not supported at this time)
- Microsoft Security Essentials
- PROHIBITED EMAIL ADDRESSES: AOL• Hotmail• Incredimail• Juno• LiveMail• Yahoo• Ymail
- Hard-wired 3.0 Mbps download / 1.0 Mbps upload broadband Internet service via DSL, Cable, or Fiber Optic connection (*The use of wireless connections to access any Arise system at any time is prohibited. Additionally, Satellite, Microwave, and Cellular Hotspot Internet Services are prohibited.)
- USB headset with microphone (needed for certification) * See our recommended headsets here
- Hardwired telephone and headset (needed for servicing) * See our recommended phones here
- POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service). The service should be connected directly from the wall to your telephone, NO voicemail, fax, or other features on the line (some clients require long distance).
- VoIP is allowed for some clients. The telephone line should not connect with the computer. (Softphones and cell phones are not permitted)
You are responsible for maintaining the security and reliability your equipment. The following items are prohibited and, upon detection, may subject your company to the suspension or termination:
- Unlicensed or pirated software
- Malware infected software
- VMWare, Parallels, etc. (Dual Boot is prohibited)
- Non-Arise provided VPN software or Proxy settings
- TOR or other privacy software
Partner with Girlicity today and let us connect you with some of the most prestigious companies! Want to talk to us on the phone? No problem! Fill out our Contact Us form and put in the best time for us to call you and we will call within 24 hours!