Welcome to October, a month known for its cultural celebrations, changing seasons, and various observances.
- Columbus Day: Columbus Day is observed on the second Monday in October in the United States, commemorating Christopher Columbus’s arrival in the Americas on October 12, 1492.
- Name Origin: The name “October” comes from the Latin word “octo,” which means “eight.” It was originally the eighth month in the Roman calendar before January and February were added, making it the tenth month in the modern calendar.
- Halloween: October 31st is Halloween, a holiday known for costumes, candy, and spooky decorations. It has ancient roots and is celebrated in various forms around the world.
- National Pizza Month: October is National Pizza Month in the United States, celebrating this beloved food with events, promotions, and, of course, plenty of pizza consumption.
- Birthstones: The birthstones for October are opal and tourmaline. Opals are known for their iridescent play of colors, while tourmaline comes in a variety of colors, making it a versatile gemstone.
Join Girlicity Today: girlicity.com/start
Contact Us: Click Here to Contact Us
TOLL FREE: 844-754-2489