National Candy Corn Day is celebrated on October 30th each year, and it’s a day dedicated to one of America’s most iconic and polarizing candies. Here are some fun facts about this sweet holiday:
- Candy Corn’s History: Candy corn was created in the late 19th century by George Renninger, a candy maker at the Wunderle Candy Company. The Goelitz Confectionery Company (now Jelly Belly) began mass-producing candy corn in the 1880s.
- Original Design: Candy corn was originally designed to resemble a kernel of corn, with its yellow, orange, and white colors, making it a perfect treat for the fall and Halloween season.
- Halloween Tradition: Candy corn has become a staple Halloween candy and is often used as a decoration in cornucopias and other fall-themed displays.
- Candy Corn Variations: Over the years, candy corn has seen some creative variations, including flavored candy corn, chocolate-covered candy corn, and even candy corn-flavored items like ice cream and popcorn.
- Guinness World Record: The largest candy corn ever made was over 1,700 pounds! It was created in 2001 by Jelly Belly and holds a place in the Guinness World Records.
Join Girlicity Today: girlicity.com/start
Contact Us: Click Here to Contact Us
TOLL FREE: 844-754-2489