What are the technical requirements?
Is this right for you?
In order to help ensure your success, you must have a strong working knowledge of computers:
- You need to be able to use a mouse and computer keyboard
- You need to be able to shut down and turn on the computer properly
- You need to have the to navigate through multiple screens
- You need to understand how to navigate the computer’s files and desktop environment
- You need basic knowledge of programs including how to launch and close a computer program
- You need to understand how to use e-mail
- You need to know how to use the Internet
- You need to know how to create, name, save and delete a folder
- You need to know how to clear cache, cookies and history
- A desktop/tower computer with a separate monitor is recommended. (Laptops are okay to use but you may want a second monitor).
- Windows 7 and 10 is accepted by most clients (*Windows 8, Vista and Mac OSX may be supported for a limited set of opportunities) ***My advise would be to have a Windows 7 computer so you don’t limit the clients you can partner with.
- At least 4GB of RAM (you cannot get by with 2GB. Your computer will not be able to handle the client programs very well with less than 4GB).
- At least 1 GHZ Dual Core Processor. (Verify that your computer is dual core. some clients require higher so please make sure to utilize the qualification checklists)
- Monitor resolution of at least 1920 x 1080 (full HD or 1080p. Some clients require higher so please make sure to utilize the qualification checklists).
- You must have a fully wired mouse and keyboard.
- Microsoft Security Essentials.
- PROHIBITED EMAIL ADDRESSES: AOL, Hotmail, Incredimail, Juno, LiveMail, Yahoo, Ymail.
- All-in-one computers are not allowed to be used by Girlicity contractors.
Dual boot machines, Netbooks, and Tablets are prohibited from use. (Laptops are OK)
- Hard-wired 3.0 Mbps download / 1.0 Mbps upload broadband Internet service via DSL, Cable, or Fiber Optic connection. Take a moment and test your internet speed here: http://www.speedtest.net/ (*The use of wireless connections to access any Arise system at any time is prohibited. Additionally, Satellite, Microwave, and Cellular Hotspot Internet Services are prohibited.)
- USB headset with microphone (needed for certification) * See our recommended headsets here
- Hardwired telephone and headset (needed for servicing) * See our recommended phones here
- POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service). The service should be connected directly from the wall to your telephone, NO voicemail, fax, or other features on the line (some clients require long distance).
- Digital service is allowed for most clients. The telephone line should not connect with the computer. It can run thru your modeum (must have a filter) but not into the computer. (Softphones and cell phones are not permitted)
You are responsible for maintaining the security and reliability your equipment. The following items are prohibited and, upon detection, may subject your company to the suspension or termination:
- Unlicensed or pirated software
- Malware infected software
- VMWare, Parallels, etc. (Dual Boot is prohibited)
- Non-Arise provided VPN software or Proxy settings
- TOR or other privacy software
Tagged: technical requirements
Find More Articles by KB Tags