What is ACD? How do I get started with ACD?
ACD recruits customer service representatives who take inbound donation calls for popular nonprofit organizations. Some of the clients that you will be taking calls for will be PBS (Public Broadcasting Station), ASPCA, Wounded Warrior Project, St. Jude, Joel Osteen Ministries, Disabled American Veterans, etc. These clients are open 24/7.
This position is an independent contracting position. You will be expected to be a self-starter, motivated and must be able to follow directions. The position is mostly seasonal to start with but can lead to a more year-round opportunity if you do well. US only.
*** Not available to residents in California, Delaware, Massachusetts, Louisiana, West Virginia, Wyoming, Vermont, Washington and South Dakota.
- You will need a webcam just for the registration portion.
- You will be expected to attend the Girlicity led Certification Class for 1 hour per day Monday through Thursday for 2 weeks or until you have fully certified and are ready to take calls.
- You will also be required to attend a Monday 8pm EST registration meeting with our partner Kahlcenter and a Wednesday 8pm EST onboarding meeting with Kahlcenter your first week and additional Tuesday and/or Thursday 8pm sessions with Kahlcenter if you need additional assistance with your certification during the second week. You should be complete within 2 weeks.
- Intermediate to advanced PC proficiency and troubleshooting experience is a must.
- You must have at least 6 months of call center experience.
- Pay is $0.20 per minute talk time and up to $0.34 per minute.
- Pay can also be set as a “Guarantee” for certain times that you choose. An example: During the PBS drive, they expect call volume to be high so they may advertise a minimum of $5 for a 30 minute interval. That means that no matter how long you talk, the least you can earn is $5 for that interval.
- Pay is $0.34 per minute when you work unscheduled. We will teach you how to make the most of this during class.
- Must be available to work nights and weekends.
- Minimum expectations are 20 hours per month.
- Cost is $75 which includes your hands on live Girlicity led certification class which meets daily Monday through Thursday for at 7pm EST, background check, vocal demo and on-boarding.
- Computer Requirements: Windows Based PC with Anti-Malware Security Software. Minimum 4 GB RAM with Intel or AMD CPU 2GHz processor (or equivalent)
- Internet Requirements: Minimum bandwidth requirements are 3Mpbs Upload, 10Mbps Download. High-speed access point with one of the following: a) Cable b) DSL c) FiOS
- Note: Satellite, Dial Up, Wi-Fi and wireless connections are not accepted
- Your internet connection must be private (no public networks) and password protected.
- Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) are NOT permitted when using ACD Systems
- Google Chrome browser preferred.
- Mac/Apple systems are not compatible with ACD Direct platforms and programs.
- No Chromebooks.
- No phone line required.
- USB Headset for class and Servicing required.
- Invoice periods are the 1st through the 15th and the 16th through the end of the month. Pay dates are approximately 1 invoice period behind.
- FEE FOR SERVICE: Our partner, KahlCenter, will withhold $25 per invoice period for access to the client systems.
- FEE FOR SERVICE: In addition, Girlicity fee is a flat rate of $25 per invoice period for our support and assistance and access to ACD through Kahlcenter.
- Please note: The course fee is non-refundable. That means if you do not attend class, do not meet the requirements after registering, do not finish your certification on time or do not pass certification, you understand that you will not be entitled to a refund of the $75.
Review from one of our current agents:
If you would like to register, fill out this form (this is not an interest form, this is to register for the class so payment is due when the form is filled out):
Find More Articles by KB Tags